Come experience the night sky as you likely never have, within the lovely Forest Preserves of Cook County.
Friday, September 15, 2023 at
5:00 – 10:00 PM
Entrance located on 107th Street
East of S. Willow Springs/Flavin Road
Click here for Forest Preserves of Cook County Palos Trails Map
Registration for this event is full.
In 2021, DarkSky International designated the Palos Preserves in southwest Cook County as an Urban Night Sky Place—a location near large urban areas whose planning and design actively promote an authentic nighttime experience in the midst of significant artificial light. The site is the largest Urban Night Sky Place in the world.
- Live entertainment
- Informal exhibits and presentations
- Astronomers with telescopes will give us the opportunity to see our night sky up close after dark.
- Bring your own picnic food, beverages, cocktails, and chairs
- Beverages in glass bottles not permitted
- Weather dependent (Rain/Cloud date will be Saturday, September 16th, 5:00 -10:00 PM)
This event is sponsored by the Forest Preserves of Cook County, DarkSky Chicago, and Sag Moraine Native Plant Community.